Wulvern[logo] - your home team
Home / money matters / people who can help

people who can help

Wulvern’s MoneyWise Team

Help you with rent, housing benefit and service charge enquiries, call 01270 503575 or email moneywise@wulvernhousing.org.uk

East Citizens Advice Bureau

Helps people to resolve legal, financial or other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice. Call 08444 111 444 or visit http://www.cecab.org.uk/. Information and advice is available at www.adviceguide.org.uk

East Council

For queries about Council tax and welfare benefits call 0300 123 5013 or visit http://www.cheshireast.gov.uk

National Debtline

Free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt, call 0808 808 4000 or visit www.nationaldebtline.co.uk

StepChange Debt Charity

The UK’s leading debt charity, with 20 years’ experience of helping people become debt free. They give advice on a range of debt solutions tailored to your circumstances. You can get advice using their free online tool StepChange Debt Remedy  24 hours a day or call them on 0800 138 1111 Monday – Friday 8am to 8pm; Saturday 8am – 4pm.


Free independent advice on welfare benefits call 0808 802 2000 (free from most phones) or visit www.turn2us.org.uk

Money Advice Service

A free and impartial money information service provided by the Financial Services Authority, to help you make the most of your money. Call 0300 500 5000 Mon to Fri 8am-8pm, Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 11am-5pm or visit www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk

My Home Energy Switch

A new financial inclusion partnership between the National Housing Federation and uSwitch.com. Provides housing association customers and staff with a free, impartial online or telephone comparison and switching service that helps you to save money on gas and electricity. Visit www.myhomeenergyswitch.org.uk or call 0800 051 5346.

The Energy Saving Trust

Free, independent and local energy saving advice. Call 0800 512 012 or visit www.energysavingtrust.org.uk

Age UK

Support and advice for the elderly. Call the Age UK Information Line on 0800 169 6565 (free from BT landlines) 8am-7pm seven days per week.

Jobcentre Plus

Support to help you find work call 0800 055 6688 Mon to Fri 8amcpm or visit www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance

Child Benefit enquiry line

Help and support for those with children call 0845 302 1444 seven days a week 8am-8pm. Or visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit

Pension Credit Claim Line

Help and support to help maximise your pension call 0800 99 1234 Mon to Fri 8am-8pm (free from BT landlines) or visit www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/pensioncredit

Disability and Carers Advice

Help and support for those with a disability. Call 0845 712 3456 or visit www.gov.uk/browse/disabilities

New Deal

This programme gives people on benefits help and support to look for work. Call 0845 606 0234 or textphone 0845 605 5255 for information. To make a claim for Income Support, Jobseekers’ Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Incapacity Benefit call 0800 055 6688 (Mon to Fri 8am-5pm). A textphone service is available on 0800 023 4888. Also visit www.gov.uk

Tax Credits Helpline

To find out if you are eligible or to make a claim call 0845 300 3900 seven days a week 8am-8pm (textphone 0845 300 3909) or visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits

Winter Fuel Payments Helpline

Help to pay fuel bills during cold weather for the over 60s. Call 08459 15 15 15 (textphone 0845 601 5613) Mon to Fri 8.30am- 4.30pm or visit www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/winterfuel

Service Personnel and Veterans Agency

Help and advice for members of the UK Armed Forces and veterans. Call 0800 169 22 77 (free from BT landlines), textphone 0800 169 3458 or visit www.veterans-uk.info

Apply for a Wulvern HomeReport a repair...get it fixedPay your rent on-line / set up paymentsWorking for Wulvern - Apply online