At Wulvern we understand the importance of maximising your independence to ensure that you continue to enjoy life your way.
Our Extra Care housing has been specially design to promote a full and active lifestyle into later life.
With stylish apartments available to rent and buy on a shared ownership, which allows you to continue living independently.
You have your own private self contained home and benefit from fantastic communal facilities where there is always something going on. Dine at the fabulous bistro, enjoy a hair cut at the salon, or relax with a holistic treatment in the spa and therapy room.
You will also benefit from individual care if you need it and the added support and reassurance provided by our Extra Care Manager, caretaker, on-site security and 24 hour emergency care response service.
Extra Care offers a home for life with services which can adapt to meet your changing needs.
Wulvern’s Extra Care homes have been designed to offer safety, security and peace of mind. Relax in the knowledge that our apartments are affordable. Wulvern is a non-profit making organisation, which means that our rents are below those on offer in the private sector.
There is a secure door entry system and residents benefit from being connected to our 24 hour emergency alarm link. In the event of an emergency such as a trip or fall, you can relax knowing that help is available at the touch of a button. You also benefit from care to suit your individual needs, available as you need it. Our Extra Care Manager is on hand to support and reassure residents, ensuring you enjoy life at Pickmere.
Feel invigorated from head to toe. The spa and therapy rooms at Wulvern Extra Care developments offer a range of pampering treatments from relaxing massages to healing reflexology, which will help you relax and unwind.
If you fancy a bit of pampering pop into the hair and beauty salon, where we will have you looking and feeling great.
There is also an assisted bathroom which has been specifically designed to ensure that if you have mobility issues you can enjoy assisted bathing in a calming and discreet environment.
We want you to enjoy living in Extra Care! All our Extra Care developments offer an extensive programme of social activities and events designed to keep you active in the company of fellow residents and friends.
As well as the programmed activities, you can enjoy the great on-site facilities. Meet up with friends in the bistro, enjoy some quiet time in the library or surf the web and learn new skills in the IT suite.
We encourage residents to invite their friends and family to join them in enjoying the facilities and activities on offer to help create a vibrant community!
Wulvern Extra Care offers…
- One and two bedroom self contained apartments for rent or to buy
- On-site care and support for emergencies
- Care to suit your individual needs
- Secure door entry
- Personal emergency alarm
- Bistro café
- Hairdressers and beauty salon
- Health and wellbeing suite
- Activities and exercise classes
- Assisted bathing facilities with whirlpool bath
- Scooter store
- Activity rooms and communal lounge
- Library and IT suite
- Guest suite
- Private parking
- Communal landscaped gardens
- Repairs and maintenance service
- Aids and adaptations service
Is Extra Care right for you?
Extra Care housing is primarily for those over 55 years old, but if you are younger and need care and support you can apply for this type of housing if we feel you will benefit.
- You currently recieve care in your home
- You are struggling to manage in your current home and need more help
- You are anxious about security and where you live
- You feel lonely and vulnerable which is affecting your health
- You currently live in residential care and would prefer to live more independently in self contained accommodation with assistance
- You would benefit from an on-site emergency response
- You need help with day to day living such as meal preparation, domestic tasks and shopping
- You have a condition which makes you prone to falls
- You need help with bathing, dressing or personal care
We will assess your individual needs and services will be tailored to meet your requirements now and in the future. The cost of these services will be dependent on your own financial circumstances
If you feel you would benefit from living at one of our Extra Care schemes or would like to talk to us about your housing options, please call 01270 503660 today.
Take a look at our Extra Care developments!
Pickmere - Crewe
Mill House - Nantwich
Anderton Place - Northwich