board member skills and expertise
The Board collectively possess the qualities required to take decisions and monitor the Association’s performance. Training and development is provided for all Board members on an ongoing basis. The Board collectively need experience and understanding of the following to be able to discharge their responsibilities effectively.
- Previous experience as Board/ Committee member in any context
- To be able to identify and understand key issues and risks for Wulvern
- Board and Committee structure and functioning
- Experience of legal matters e.g. employment law, housing law, health and safety law
- Experience of community relations and needs
- Working with local authorities
- Property development and building
- Human resource management
- Public relations
- Information technology
- Experience as customer, tenant or resident
- Strategic management
- Finance, budgeting and business planning
- Equality and diversity
- General life experience involving financial decision making, problem solving, giving advice and guidance
All Board Members share responsibility for its decisions and should act only in the interest of Wulvern Housing Limited and not on behalf of any constituency or interest group.
Recruitment will recognise that at any time there may be a deficit in particular skills or experience on the Board. The Board will also be mindful of its equal opportunity policy and applications will be positively welcomed from women, members of ethnic minorities and disabled people.